Coaching with Dr. Sharon
Join the 90-day program
I am a qualified Success Coach, Clinical Psychologist, author, speaker, wife and mother of two.
For the past two decades, I have worked on improving the health and well-being of high achievers who so often sacrifice their self-care as a result of work demands and get caught up with everyone else’s expectations that they end up burning out at alarming rates. So when I started to experience overwhelm and burnout, the irony of the situation was not lost on me.
I, too, am a high achiever, so I naturally have never-ending to-do lists. My brain is always coming up with more ideas. I would have too much on my mind, no direction, and would focus on unimportant items while forgetting about more important ones. It would feel like there is never enough time to do everything I want to do and I would end up feeling stressed.
Coaching taught me systems around organization, planning, and time management. Now, I am super clear about what I need to get done each week, I plan for it and I stick to my plans. As a result of my optimized performance and mindset practices, I get more done in less time, have replaced overwhelm with accomplishment, and most importantly – empower my clients to reach their potential.
Through the integration of psychology and mindfulness, I’ve created a comprehensive and transformative program that teaches stressed-out high achievers how to effectively navigate their work and personal life so they can thrive. I love that my work inspires them to think BIGGER, feel more grounded, and handle challenging situations with ease.
Book a call now to discuss whether you will be a good fit for this program and to work directly with me.
Dr. Sharon Grossman is the author of The 7E Solution to Burnout and an Emotional Intelligence expert. She holds a doctorate degree in Psychology, has extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and 20 years of experience helping her clients take back control of their lives.
About My Program
Exhausted to Extraordinary is for high achievers in demanding careers who often play double duty at home and who continuously push themselves too hard. In responding to external demands and ingrained inner beliefs, you overlook your own needs and become exhausted.
Through a proprietary step-by-step process outlined in her book, Dr. Sharon’s program takes you on a journey that transforms you out of burnout. It will teach you essential tools to regain control of your emotions, radically improve your relationship to your work, and create a balanced, easy, and happy life. You will learn how to shift your mindset to avoid procrastinating and overcome perfectionistic tendencies. As a result of the resilience you will build, you will feel empowered, recognize that you are extraordinary, and become unstoppable.
Why You’re Exhausted
- Identify how chronic stress affects your energy levels.
- Discover the relationship stress, exhaustion, and burnout.
- Learn 2 approaches to rapidly transform you out of burnout.
If you are a doctor, attorney, high-level manager, CEO, or business professional in a high-stress environment, chances are it’s taking a toll on you. You might notice that you feel “stressed” or even “anxious” when thinking about your work and are mentally exhausted by all the demands placed on you. But how much do you truly understand about what led you here and what you can do to shift your mind and energy?
Often, people don’t realize they are burning out until it is too late. Perhaps you judge yourself for not being able to control your stress, worry that you will always feel this way, and burn out even more. By recognizing what triggers you to feel as you do and what you can do about it, you will shift your worries to a sense of hope about what’s possible.
Get in Control of Your Thoughts with Emotional Intelligence
- Become self-aware of your emotions.
- Learn the 5 step process to turn your negativity around.
- Align your thinking with how you want to feel.
- Turn your worries into problem-solving ideas so that you can start achieving your tasks.
- Manage your anxious thoughts rationally while preparing for the worst-case scenario.
- Increase your tolerance for uncertainty and your ability to trust yourself when you have to make decisions.
Your thoughts affect how you feel, so by learning to manage your negative or anxious thinking, you can achieve a sense of calm even in seemingly scary situations. The process to do so requires self-awareness and self-management—two of the fundamental aspects of Emotional Intelligence.
The more in control you are of your inner processes, the less external stressors will impact you. As a result, you will have more energy and confidence in your ability to problem-solve and plan for the future.
Empower Your Mind
- Identify energy drains to eliminate.
- Empower your thinking by refocusing your mind from future possibilities of what could go wrong to what is going right.
- Learn mindfulness strategies to help you be more present and calm when you get done with your workday.
- Spend less time worrying.
- Learn to focus on safety cues and on what is in your control.
- Overcome the mind habit of filtering out the positives.
- Set positive anchors so you can be in charge of your emotions even when under pressure.
Both internal and external factors can drain your energy and lead you to feel disempowered. By building on the self-awareness you developed in the last module, you can eliminate energy drains and refocus your mind to increase your personal power.
In this module, you will learn to overcome catastrophizing, rumination, and overindulgence in the negative while cultivating a mindful approach that allows you to be intentional rather than reactive. When you refocus on what is going right, what is in your control, and what you enjoy, you will feel more positive and empowered.
Change Your Relationship With Your Work Through Optimal Engagement
- Remove obstacles to better work engagement.
- Increase your resilience so you can recover from stress faster.
- Maximize your time through effective time management habits.
- Minimize habits that stimulate the fight-or-flight response.
If burnout results from a combination of high demands and low resources, work engagement is your ability to manage those demands due to an increase in resources. Although your job cannot always provide you with adequate resources, this module will help you learn how to remove obstacles to work engagement and increase your personal resources (resilience) so you can manage those demands without burning out and recover from stressful episodes more rapidly.
In addition, you will learn time management techniques that will enable you to get more done in less time—an essential element for managing demanding work environments without the overwhelm. By getting your work done more efficiently, you will feel less stressed have more time for yourself.
Align Your Efficacy Beliefs With Your Goals
- Avoid the 3 attribution errors that lead to a negative spiral.
- Set realistic expectations rather than set yourself up for failure.
- Increase your performance by utilizing the Pygmalion Effect.
- Stretch yourself with challenging goals while avoiding overwhelm.
- Turn your negative self-talk around by exchanging self-criticism for self-compassion.
- Cultivate a growth mindset with which you redefine success and failure.
Your beliefs in your ability to perform have a profound impact on your actual performance. When you attribute your success or failure to the wrong factors, you miss an opportunity to correct your behaviors, which keeps you in a self-efficacy spiral. As a result, you see your performance decline and wrongly attribute it to your inability. This is a vicious cycle that keeps you from maximizing your potential.
In this module, you’ll learn to set yourself up for success by making correct attributions, setting realistically high expectations, and cultivating self-compassion as well as a growth mindset.
Energize Your Body
- Overcome unconscious blocks to self-healing and mindset obstacles to self-care.
- Release physical tension from your body.
- Build up healthy routines to maintain your energy and sanity so you can show up for your work and family more effectively.
- Ground your energy so you can feel more centered and balanced.
- Learn a powerful technique to melt away any built-up stress.
To avoid exhaustion, you need to continually re-energize your body through adequate rest and other self-care strategies. Often, what gets in the way of doing so, are unconscious blocks that keep us stuck.
In this module, you will overcome unconscious obstacles to self-healing that can otherwise lead to self-sabotage. Once you give yourself permission to succeed, you can release physical tension from built-up stress and build up healthy routines to manage, protect, and recover your energy.
Balance Your Efforts to Work Smarter
- Increase self-awareness about what motivates you to work.
- Learn 5 strategies to increase your motivation at work rather than sabotaging your career.
- Learn 5 strategies to get the most from your efforts.
- Tackle your fear of failure that leads you to strive too hard.
- Overcome perfectionism and procrastination.
Effort is required to accomplish your tasks and attain your goals. But too much effort can lead you to overexerting your energy and ultimately to burn out. In this module, we discuss how to balance the effort-reward relationship through 10 strategies. As a result, you will learn what truly motivates you, how to spend time on optimally rewarding tasks, and how you can harness the power of your mind to manifest what you want.
You might be highly invested in the outcomes of your work which leads to perfectionistic tendencies—an overexertion of energy. But when you get caught up in the fear of failure, procrastination gets in the way. Learn how to overcome these habits and attain excellence without sacrificing your energy unnecessarily.
Create Positive Neural Pathways On Your Way to Enlightenment
- Examine your values to establish the purpose and meaning you derive from work.
- Focus on the aspects of your work you love most to get maximal joy out of each day.
- Overcome limiting beliefs that keep you stuck.
- Learn mindset strategies for doing your best work.
- Create a successful meditation practice to refocus your brain and reduce reactivity.
When you think or do the same thing over and over again, you create a neural pathway in your brain that helps you automate that thought or behavior. In this module, you will learn how to create more positive neural pathways that help you feel good, get unstuck, and be more in control.
You will also revisit your values to ensure your work provides you with a sense of purpose beyond the paycheck. You’ll learn to craft your job to make it more meaningful. Lastly, you’ll learn how to harness tools such as mindfulness and meditation to help you stay on the right track.
You Are Extraordinary
- Separate your self-worth from your productivity so you can feel good about yourself no matter what.
- Reframe your negative thinking and cultivate a sense of gratitude in your life.
- Utilize the power of your mind to achieve the impossible.
- Learn to love yourself as you are so you can experience success without the exhaustion.
Part of the reason you might feel exhausted is because you continually push yourself to increase productivity. This creates a condition on your self-worth which states that you are only valuable when you’ve accomplished something. Ironically, fatigue can get in the way of accomplishment, which leaves you feeling less worthy.
In this final module, you will upgrade your identity and start seeing your worth on a bigger scale. We will pull together all the behaviors to stop engaging in that sabotage you from thriving and highlight the ones to focus on instead. You’ll also learn to reframe your negative thinking about past events and feel empowered by new realizations about what is possible. You’ll harness the power of the mind through your renewed belief in success and, most importantly—celebrate you!
What My Clients Say
As a result of completing the Exhausted to Extraordinary program, I gained so many insights that related not just to my career by also to my other relationships with family and friends. It has been life altering to realize and make peace with ‘I am enough’!
Prior to working with Doctor Grossman, myself and members of my team were in a severe stage of burnout. We were near the breaking point and working with Doctor Grossman has rebooted us on many levels. In addition to having a great understanding of how stress causes burnout, the collection of techniques to counteract burnout and return to engagement was great to have all in one place. Drawing from many sources, Doctor Grossman’s insights and strategy have been key to making changes that have helped me and my team refocus our attention and gain positive results, particularly in dealing with new issues as they come up and gaining balance and sustainability. I highly recommend that any individual or organization that wants to increase engagement and sustainability work with Doctor Grossman. The benefits of moving from burnout to engagement is life changing.